Bilateral national fund - Bulgaria
About the fund
In Bulgaria, €633,000 has been set aside for the bilateral national fund. Among the focus areas for the fund, are children and youth, combating drugs and organised crime, promotion of European values and nuclear energy decommissioning.
The funding from the bilateral national fund serves as a flexible source of financial support for initiatives from both Bulgaria and donor country entities that can contribute to strengthening the bilateral relations. The funds are to be used strategically and can go beyond the programmes in Bulgaria to cover all programme areas under the EEA and Norway Grants.
What are the priorities?
- Knowledge exchange in combating drugs and organized crime, children and youth at risk (Priority 1);
- Promotion of European values and in particular history teaching in a multicultural society (Priority 2);
- Predefined activity promoting knowledge exchange and institutional partnership for the realization of the rights of children and youth at risk in Bulgaria;
- Predefined activities that promote research partnerships, encourage regional activities on topics of bilateral importance and strengthen cooperation with intergovernmental organizations;
- Travel support for participation in seminars, workshops, etc., within all programme areas under the EEA and Norway Grants 2009-2014.
What is supported?
The fund support projects that will contribute to strengthening the bilateral relations between Bulgaria and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Funded activities include study visits, organising and participating in seminars, workshops and conferences, training courses and other meetings implemented with the joint participation of representatives of beneficiary and donor states, joint participation in international events etc.
Call for proposals
Calls for proposals organised for priority 1 and priority 2 under the national bilateral fund for Bulgaria. (Closed)
Supported activities – examples
- An international conference on the new Bulgarian penal code was organised with the Council of Europe on 20 November 2012
- Bulgarian representatives took part in a geothermal conference organised in Iceland, in March 2013
Fund operator: Council of Minister of Bulgaria, “Monitoring of EU Funds” Directorate
Size of fund: €633,000