Public access policy
The EEA Grants and the Norway Grants are guided by the principles of openness and transparency at all levels. Accordingly, the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO) makes a series of proactive measures to provide access to key documents.
Documents in the following categories are available on this website:
- The legal framework of the EEA Grants and Norway Grants; including the agreements with the European Commission establishing the two grant schemes and the Rules and Procedures 2004-09 and Regulations 2009-14
- Guidelines providing more detailed description of various aspects of the implementation of the grant schemes
- Agendas and Conclusions of the Financial Mechanism Committee meetings (2004-09 and 2009-14)
- Calls for proposals in the beneficiary states that announce the availability of funds to potential applicants
- Summary information, including headline financial data, on supported activities of the EEA and Norway Grants (available in the project portal)
- Annual reports from the beneficiary states
- Annual status reports on the grant schemes
- Reviews and evaluations
- Report on irregularities in the EEA and Norway Grants 2004-09 (The report is updated on a quarterly basis)
- Programme agreements between the Financial Mechanism Committee or the the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Focal Point regulating the implementation of particular programmes (available on each programme page)
For grant decisions under the EEA and Norway Grants 2004-09, access may be made available upon request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to considerations of the integrity of the decision-making process, the FMO will not grant access to documents relating to specific applications during the appraisal period, but will only grant such access once the Financial Mechanism Committee and/or the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs have made a final decision on the application in question.
Documents not listed above may be available upon request. Such documents include:
- Applications for funding
- Donor partnership agreements
- Amendment requests
- Amendment decisions
- Financial reports
- Irregularity reports
- Monitoring reports
- Audit reports
All requests for public access to documents related to the EEA and Norway Grants should be sent to: email@example.com.
The request will be dealt with promptly, and a response to the request should be delivered within 12 working days. In case of a delay or if access to a requested document is fully or partially refused by the FMO, the applicant may refer the request to the donor state(s).
For further information, please see:
Public Access Policy of the EEA and Norway Grants
EFTA States Standing Committee decision no3/2007/SC